Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My former college wont let me order my transcripts....PLEASE PLEASE HELP?

I'm pretty sure the answer about them sending the pell grant money back was correct. Sadly higher education has become such a scam, it is disgusting. Right up there with the banks and the other greedy businesses. I would go on an enroll in the community college without the transcripts. This could prove to be difficult. The community college wants your money. Some community colleges will not approve your application until they have your transcripts. If you find this is the case at your community college just re-apply and don't say anything about previous classes. You can always add them later. Then they will try to place you in classes you may have already taken. Don't take a class twice. You need to get the online school catalog and read about withdrawal. All school play games to keep your money. You usually have to fill out withdrawal forms. If you don't then you get a F on your transcript. Usually there is a date published in the catalog that if you withdrawal/drop by this date you get some money back. If not before that date they keep the money. I would check with the lender to see if they got the money back. Also talk with the financial aid people at your community college about this. They can probably give you a phone number where you can verify that the pell money was returned. Ask the community college financial aid person if what the online college did was valid. I think the online school may be keeping the pell grant money and asking you to pay as well. You won't get the transcripts until they get their money. Our govt wants to get this nation educated but my experience with trying to help my kids navigate the system has left me with a extreme disgust for the bull shix that they put people though at the so called higher education systems of the USA! I wonder if it is this difficult in other counties.

No comments:

Post a Comment